St. Patrick's of Lanesboro

St. Patrick Parish is located at 200 Ridgeview Lane, Lanesboro, MN  55949.   There is no office at the parish so contact the Parish Center Office at St. Mary's in Chatfield, which houses the office of the pastor and administrative assistant.

Pastoral Planning in the Diocese of Winona resulted in a plan to change St. Patrick's to oratory status, which will mean a changing Mass schedule throughout the year.  From Memorial  Day Weekend  through  October, 2019, St. Patrick's offers  weekly Saturday Vigil Masses at 5:00PM, celebrated by staff priests of Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary.  Our pastor, Mr. Edward McGrath, celebrates  the other three Vigil or Sunday Masses in the Holy Family Parishes.  NOTE:  Due to scheduling conflicts, MASS ON OCTOBER 19 & 26 will be at 6:30 PM.  


The first Mass offered in Lanesboro is believed to have been in 1850 by Irish missionary priests.  The original church building was started in 1871 and was soon torn down to be replaced by a stone structure, using stone quarried from the surrouding bluffs.  The building was completed in 1872, and is one of the oldest churches in  use in the Winona Diocese.

In 1970, the sanctuary was updated as directed by Vatican II, and in 1976 the education and social hall was constructed of stone to adjoin the main building. Since 1972, St. Patrick has gone through several clustering arrangements, resulting in the current arrangement with the churches in Chatfield, Preston, Canton and Harmony.  

St. Patrick Parish has always been a close know community to local citizens, and with the increased tourism in Lanesboro, the parish is now a summer church home to many who faithfully attend Mass while visiting the area. 


St. Patrick has a number of women who continue to be active in the Altar Society, serving the parish, local community and the greater area of the diocese.  Montly meetings are held and financial support is offered to assist in the operation of the parish.


St. Patrick Cemetery and Holt Cemetery are maintained by local trustees, Bob Hager (507-467-3469) and John Horihan (507-467-2471).   They can be contacted to answer any of your questions regarding burial arranagements and records for the cemeteries. 






The building has limited handicap accessibility with a ramp.